This workshop offers a comprehensive introduction to the history, art and science of sound as medicine. A prelude to a full course and training program launching next year, we learn fundamentals of how to approach rhythm and resonance as a tool for healing, grounding, embodiment and transformation. Working with new and ancient instruments, tone, touch, song, stillness, words, movement and energy, we will join venerable spiritual technologies of ancestral wisdom with the evolving science of sound to initiate new pathways that serve the interests, curiosities and challenges of today.
• Nada (vibration) yoga practices
• Yoga of the Voice Meditations
• Introduction to sound healing tools and instruments
• Interactive partner work with alchemical tuning forks, rattles + singing bowls
• Brief introduction to science of sound research studies
• Group lead Sound Alchemy session
• Alchemical tuning fork & Rattle available as additional purchase
No experience needed. All are welcome! This is a small group experience, pre-registration encouraged.
SAVE YOUR SPACE FOR RHYTHM & RESONANCE AT LA MAIDA INSTITUTE